Resources & Support
Support Services for Victims of Human Trafficking
Here are some organizations and resources that provide assistance:
University of Toronto
- Community Safety Office (CSO) – The CSO provides support to members of the university community who have experienced personal safety issues and concerns, which can include human trafficking. They can offer counseling, safety planning, and referrals to specialized services. They can be reached during business hours at 416-978-1485.
- Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre (SVPSC) – The SVPSC provides support, resources, and education on issues related to sexual violence, which can include human trafficking. They can be reached during business hours at 416-978-2266.
- Campus Safety Special Constable Services – Campus Safety can provide assistance, guidance, and support to victims of crime, including human trafficking, within the university community. They can be reached at:
City of Toronto Services
- Victim Services Toronto – Victim Services Toronto offers crisis response, emotional support, safety planning, and referrals to specialized services for victims of crime, including human trafficking. They can be reached 24/7 at their crisis line: 416-808-7066.
- FCJ Refugee Centre – The FCJ Refugee Centre provides support and assistance to trafficked persons, including housing, legal aid, counseling, and referrals to medical and social services. They offer a holistic approach to addressing the needs of survivors. Contact them at 416-469-9754.
- Butterfly (Asian and Migrant Sex Workers Support Network) – Butterfly is a community-based organization that offers support and advocacy for Asian and migrant sex workers, including those who have experienced trafficking. They provide counseling, legal support, peer support, and access to essential services. You can reach them at 416-906-3098.
- The Salvation Army – Anti-Human Trafficking Program – The Salvation Army operates an anti-human trafficking program that provides emergency shelter, case management, counseling, and referrals for survivors of trafficking. They can be contacted at 416-646-4673.
- Covenant House Toronto – Covenant House offers a range of services for youth experiencing homelessness and trafficking, including emergency shelter, counseling, medical care, education, and employment support. Their crisis line is available 24/7: 416-593-4849.
Peel Region Services
- Victim Services of Peel – Victim Services of Peel offers crisis intervention, emotional support, safety planning, and referrals to specialized services for victims of crime, including human trafficking. They provide assistance 24/7 and can be reached at their crisis line: 905-568-1068.
- Peel Regional Police Human Trafficking Unit – The Peel Regional Police has a dedicated Human Trafficking Unit that investigates cases of human trafficking and provides support to victims. They can be contacted through the police non-emergency line at 905-453-3311.
- Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Centre of Peel – The Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Centre of Peel provides crisis counseling, support groups, court support, and advocacy for survivors of sexual violence, including human trafficking. They offer services in multiple languages and can be reached at 905-273-9442.
- Salvation Army Anti-Human Trafficking Program (Peel) – The Salvation Army operates an anti-human trafficking program in Peel Region that offers support, counseling, emergency shelter, and assistance with basic needs for victims of trafficking. They can be contacted at 905-451-4115.
Some content generated using AI Tools