Steps to Take if You Think You’ve Been Targeted by a Scam or Fraud
Here is what to do when you receive these types of calls:
- Be suspicious of anyone asking for money or personal information.
- DO NOT make a payment or provide your personal information. If you are suspicious, ask the caller for an employee number and hang up the phone. Look up the company online (e.g. Canadian Revenue Agency or IRCC) and call them to confirm whether the employee number provided by the caller and request is legitimate.
- Call Campus Safety (see the Resources page) to get support confirming the legitimacy of the caller.
- Report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (https://antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/report-signalez-eng.htm), Campus Safety (see below), or Toronto Police Services (416-808-2222) or your local police service.
- Seek consultation with the Community Safety Office, your Campus’ International Student Services Office, or your Registrar.