Join us for a Film Festival from November 23rd – November 30th in honour of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence.
The 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence are recognized globally from November 25th to December 10th.
November 25th is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and December 10th is International Human Rights Day.
In honour of these 16 Days, the Community Safety Office (CSO), in partnership with our equity offices and partners on the three campuses, is pleased to present a Film Festival, showcasing a broad range of genres, to be screened simultaneously on the 3 campuses. We hope by this event to provide a unique opportunity for the University of Toronto community members to celebrate resilience and gender diversity while we “Listen. Learn. Act.” – the Government of Canada’s 2023 theme for the 16 Days of Activism.
Campus Screening Information:
- University of Toronto Mississauga
- University of Toronto Scarborough
- University of Toronto St. George
What you need to know:
- These screenings are open to current University of Toronto community members only*
- Screenings are free of charge.
- No registration is necessary*
- Entrance is on a first come, first served basis.
- Proof of a valid University of Toronto ID is required for entrance
- Doors open at 6 p.m. and close at 6:55 p.m. Screenings start at 7 p.m. (except on November 23rd at UTSC – screening is at 7:30 due to unavailability of space)
*Family members are welcome to attend with University of Toronto community members for the family friendly films being screened on November 27th and November 30th but the U of T community member must register and accompany their guests for these showings. Valid U of T ID will be required for entrance.
Register Family Members for Moana (November 27th)
Register Family Members for Encanto (November 30th)
Posters for Download:
Download: Tri-Campus Event Poster